November 28, 2008 in Uncategorized
We found this announcement on Park + Vine’s blog today.
The Unchained movement continues the day after Thanksgiving 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Nov. 28 in Over-the-Rhine during Holidays in the Bag.
Participating stores are offering 20 percent off everything you can fit
into a special neighborhood shopping bag ($3), purchased at the Gateway
Quarter Information Center across from MiCA 12/v. Bag sales benefit
You can find more about today’s events, and a complete list of participating stores here.
November 28, 2008 in Uncategorized
- Wake up promptly at 4 pm today to get the best deals at Grammer’s for Black Friday! Dollar Hudy Delights, extensive Moerlein selection, and a themed dance party upstairs (dress black).
- A week from today is probably the most important holiday in the U.S. that you’ve never heard of. The 75th Anniversary of the Repeal of Prohibition is coming up, and Christian Moerlein and Grammer’s have some special plans. Five dollar Moerlein steins can be bought and kept for three dollar refills, and other exciting activities are soon to follow.
November 25, 2008 in In Other Publications
Here’s what we have been digging on the Cincinnati interwebs lately:
- The Cincinnati Beacon advocates for Green Friday instead of Buy Nothing Day this Friday. Their reasoning? Well, Buy Nothing isn’t exactly a great thing for the stagnant economy, but buying everything isn’t exactly great for the world. Buying eco- and socially-responsible items could be a good compromise for those that would otherwise do their best to thwart Black Friday. Our suggestion for this effort is obvious……
- Park + Vine (like that segue?) released their “little green gift guide” with recommendations for greenies, hipsters, foodies, fashionistas, and even gifts for little ones.
- wine me, dine me raves about the new menu at Lavomatic
- Building Cincinnati talks about a new book from BuyCincy pals Edgecliff Press that takes a photographic journey through Findlay Market’s history. The first of 6 signings is this Friday at the Market.
November 25, 2008 in Uncategorized
We would like to thank everyone for participating in a very successful Cincinnati Unchained event. The event generated a lot of press and a lot of business for many of the nearly 50 participating stores.
Continue reading “Unchained Wrap-up” »
November 23, 2008 in Bars, Local Food, Restaurants
- First let me say hello to all the BuyCincy.com readers – I’m the Food Hussy and am very excited to be contributing here on this fabulous site promoting locally owned and operated businesses.
Friday night, my friend and I decided to hit up Gordo’s Pub & Grill – the latest addition to Norwood. It’s right across the street from the beautiful library on Montgomery Rd. It’s very cute on the inside – it’s got the “dark bar” atmosphere but is chic and hip at the same time. It’s a long, narrow place – good vibes.
Why did we choose Gordo’s? Well – I just purchased a load of gift certificates at 80% off from Restaurant.com (offer is still valid thru Nov. 24 – use the code: SURPRISE) and one of them was for Gordo’s. $25 gift certificate (I paid $2) with the stipulation of buying $35 in food. So $35 worth of food for $12! Great deal and we were hungry.
Continue reading “Gordo’s – A Burgerriffic Addition to Norwood” »
November 23, 2008 in Uncategorized
Founded in 1982, and Flanked on Hamilton Avenue by two other College Hill favorites (Angert’s Appliances, and Schwartz Jewelers) BaCalls Cafe has been an institution in College Hill for nearly 26 years.
Continue reading “BaCalls Cafe” »
November 21, 2008 in About
November 20, 2008 in Events
We spoke this week with Ryan Breen, manager of Grammer’s, and he had some exciting news.
Due to popular demand, and the support that came out for Christian Moerlein’s Christkindl tapping, we at Grammer’s have decided to reopen this weekend, and others following it, for our friends in the bar crowd.
Continue reading “Grammer’s Pseudo-Reopening Pseudo-Bash!” »
November 19, 2008 in News
After checking them out this Saturday for Cincinnati Unchained, it might be time to hit Melt again on Sunday to help them celebrate their 3rd anniversary. From 4pm to 8pm, every customer with a purchase over $7 will get surprise “Melt Money” applied to their purchase.
Get rewarded with $1 to $6 of Melt Money just for eating a delicious sandwich. Mmmmmmm…..sandwich.
November 19, 2008 in About
After taking a virtual stroll through College Hill and Northside businesses participating in Cincinnati Unchained, we continue south to Downtown, Over-the-Rhine, and Bellevue, KY.
Before we explore the stores in the city center participating in Unchained, go ahead and take a look at our great list of sponsoring stores
, which helped to make this year’s event possible. Then, head over and check out all 44 participating stores
, sorted by neighborhood, each with their own special specifically for Cincinnati Unchained.
Continue reading “Cincinnati Unchained: Downtown/OTR + Bellevue Edition” »